Some considerations when buying an office desk chair.
A lot of people spend at least nine hours of their day at the office. This accounts for a third of a day and for most people, is even longer than the amount of sleep that they get. If you are among these people who work at the office five times a week, you probably spend a large part of your work hours sitting in front of your office desk which is why it is very important that you feel comfortable in your work area.
Among the most important factors that will affect your comfort while you are in the office is your office desk chair. Although your office might provide you with one, you might want to choose a different one for yourself. Below are some tips to help you when buying an office desk chair.
- Support. Among your primary considerations when buying an office desk chair should be the support that it provides. Ensure that the chair has proper back support. The backrest should be firmly padded and supports your spine’s natural lumbar curvature. Aside from this, the backrest should be 12 to 19 inches wide.
- Adjustments. Some cheap office chairs are fixed which means that there is little to no adjustment to be done on the chair. Since you will probably be using your office desk chair at just one area for one task, it is best to get a chair that can be adjusted in different ways. Some of the usual adjustment features that come with office desk chairs are pneumatic seat height adjustment, back height adjustment, seat depth adjustment, arm height adjustment, and adjustable tilt tension.
- Material. Discount chairs come in a wide variety of materials such as plastic, fabric, leather, and vinyl, among others. Choose the material based on how you plan to use the chair and the things that you do while sitting on it. If you like to eat or drink while at your desk, you might want to choose a material that is more resistant to liquids. If you prioritize comfort over everything else, an office chair whose seat is made of soft foam and cloth is your best choice.
- Base. Do you want your office desk chair to be stationary at your desk or do you plan to move around with it? For moving your chair around the office, an office desk chair with rollers or wheels. Aside from this, office chairs with steel or aluminum bases are popular because they are strong and durable.
- Comfort. If possible, try sitting on the chair to get a feel of it. Adjust the chair accordingly so that you feel comfortable in it. If a chair does not quite feel as if it fits you well, try to look for a better alternative that is more comfortable for you.