The Different Types of Clothing Hangers

The different types of clothing hangers and their advantages and disadvantages.

Hangers are common items that are used in homes. They are also among the store fixtures that you are sure to find in every clothing store. Although you may be used to just any hanger at home, clothing stores often use different kinds of clothing hangers. Each of the different types of clothing hangers often has its own purpose and it is good to learn about them to help you maximize the use of your hangers.

Below are some of the common types of hangers that you can use.

•        Wire Hangers. Among the most affordable types of clothing hangers are thin wire hangers. Sometimes, you can even get them for free from the dry cleaners. If you want sturdier wire hangers, you can choose for those made from thicker metal. However, metal is prone to rust so if you do not want stains on your clothes, choose wire hangers made from stainless steel.

•        Plastic Hangers. If you want sturdy and affordable clothing hangers, plastic hangers are a good choice. They are often available in a wide range of colors and sizes. They are great for dresses, shirts, and blouses because these are relatively lightweight clothing items. Keep in mind that plastic hangers can still break so choose those that are made from thicker and more durable plastic material.

•        Wooden Hangers. For suits, jackets, coats, and other heavier types of clothing, wooden hangers are recommended. These hangers remain sturdy and firm even when used to hang clothes with heavier fabrics. Since wooden hangers are usually thicker, they also do a better job of maintaining the form of the clothes that are hanged which is why they are popular used in many clothing stores.

•        Padded Hangers. If you visit a store with clothes in the higher price range, you will probably find that padded hangers are used to hang the clothes. These hangers are excellent for providing protection for the garment which is why they are also used for hanging lingerie and other clothing items made from delicate material. Like wooden hangers, these hangers which are padded with fabric can preserve the form of the clothing well.

•        Specialty Hangers. You can also get specialty hangers for other items in your closet or garment racks. You can get very small hangers for baby clothes or hangers with clips for skirts or slacks. There are also hangers specially made for ties and belts. These hangers are designed specifically for these particular items.

Getting the right hangers for your clothes will help you to maintain your clothes and allow them to last for a long time. For all your hanger needs, visit ClassicStoreFixtures.com to see their wide selection of clothing hangers.

About race

I'm a Mom with three kids juggling between my corporate work and online writing job. This is my site about gift ideas, deals, shopping and technology.
This entry was posted in house and home and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The Different Types of Clothing Hangers

1. Kerslyn says:

Me and my husband have different hangers for our clothes. Since his clothes are larger than mine, I got him larger clothing hangers. After reading your post, I realized our Clothing Hangers are not enough. We need those different types of hangers for different purposes or different kinds of clothes. That way, organizing our wardrobe closet will be easier and using the right type of clothing hangers will save our clothes from deformity or damages.

2. jennyL says:

Lately, I’ve been sorting out my closet hoping to get rid of clothes that won’t fit or I don’t want to wear anymore. I noticed that I still have some folded clothes that needs to be hang so, I’m definitely needing more Clothing Hangers to make them more neat and organize. This article certainly made me more enthusiastic to organize.

3. Race says:

Few weeks ago my friend gave me almost two dozens of new and hand me down clothing. She lost 30 pounds and gave away all her clothes for a new wardrobe. With the addition of all these clothes I would need plenty of additional Garment Racks to sort out the clothes properly and for me to organize my wardrobe. It will surely make dressing up easier for me as I get to see all my clothes orderly lined up without wrinkles.

4. Suzie says:

I have always been a fan of wooden hangers . They give my closet and my clothes a very classic and elegant look. Thanks for the heads up on where to buy quality clothing hangers!

5. kcot says:

Whenever I visit the home stuff shop at the mall, I always tend to buy a bunch of those Clothing Hangers as I can’t have enough of them! If only I can hang all our clothes and not fold them, I will. For me it’s the most convenient way to arrange clothes without worrying on wrinkling them or having obvious folds. Oh well, probably I’m just so into hangers!

6. Mai says:

I’m getting OC with organizing our closet these days. It’s not enough that our clothes are arranged according to types and sizes but the Clothing Hangers are likewise color-coded. Now that I’ve learned from your post that hangers come in different types, I think I’ll also have to consider that in organizing our closet.

7. Abie says:

We used to have problems with how we will store our clothes but after we moved in to our new home, we ended up with rooms filled with cabinets which are more than enough for our stack of clothes. Now all we need to do is buy more Clothing Hangers so we can start with our organization. Thanks for sharing this information about different types of hangers so we can have a guide as we do our shopping.

8. Em says:

Clothing Racks are very important if you are organizing your own closet. I will surely get a couple of clothing racks when we build our own home and I will eventually have the walk-in closet, I so dreamed about.

9. Litzie says:

I’ve been organizing our closet lately and I am needing new Clothing Hangers for our clothes. I didn’t know there are so many kinds of hangers around. With serious organization, I better know about all of these before buying. Very informative. Thanks!

10. Peach says:

During the weekend, I had some time to clean up our closet. I realized we need new Clothing Hangers . Thanks for sharing this nice article, I now have an idea which one to buy.

11. Kaje says:

Nice of you to describe different kinds of Clothing Hangers and list their advantages. I have been planning to change our current hangers and I think it is time to invest on wood ones for some of our delicate clothes.

12. Dez says:

I am done cleaning up our closet, will do some organizing of the clothes by next week. Glad to see your post about different types of Clothing Hangers and their use, it will be more easier now for me to hang and sort our clothes as I know which one to choose use and which will work and fit best on our clothes.

Comments are closed.